Our Architectural Drafting Fundamentals Program introduces you to the technology and techniques used to draft working architectural drawings for both residential and commercial projects. Learn to create conceptual design drawings and models and to prepare building permit drawings. Study building science, the Ontario Building Code and computer-aided drafting and design (CADD) as they are used in entry-level work in the architectural design industry. This drafting program is intended as much for those interested in designing their own living spaces as for those wishing to pursue additional Construction and Building Technologies courses and credentials.
Once you have completed all the requirements of this program, you can request to receive a certificate.
Core Courses (Six)
This is the recommended completion order. All of these:
- ARCH 9015 Architectural Technology 1Online Option
- ARCH 9013 Architectural Technology 2Online Option
- ARCH 9016 Architectural Technology 3Online Option
One of these:
- BLDG 9245 Part 9 The House Building EnvelopeOnline Option
- BLDG 9265 Part 9 The House Building EnvelopeOnline
All of these:
One of these:
Elective Courses (Choose Two)
Electives may have two versions (delivery options), but only one can be put toward the certificate.
- CADE 9115 AutoCAD 1: Basic 2D
- CADE 9125 AutoCAD 1: Basic 2DOnline
- BLDG 9082 Construction AdministrationOnline
- BLDG 9131 Overview of the Construction IndustryOnline Option
- BLDG 9244 Part 9 The House Health and SafetyOnline Option
- BLDG 9264 Part 9 The House Health and SafetyOnline
- CADE 9132 Revit for Architecture 1: IntroductionOnline
- BLDG 9274 Zoning By-laws and RegulationsOnline Option