Our Fine Art Foundations Program explores the essential foundations of drawing, which act as the basis for all other forms of art. Learn to perceive, read, and interpret the visual world. Explore different styles of drawing using a variety of materials, including pastel, charcoal, conté, ink, and pencil.
Once you have completed all the requirements of this program, you can request to receive a certificate using the department contact information on this web page.
Core Courses (Five)
Completion order is only limited by course prerequisites.
- ART 9080 Art History Online
- ART 9081 Drawing Fundamentals 1 On Campus
- ART 9082 Drawing Fundamentals 2 On Campus
- ART 9078 Foundation Colour Online
- DESN 9177 Principles of Design Online
Elective Courses (Choose Three)
Electives may have two versions (delivery options), but only one can be put toward the certificate.
- ART 9071 Abstract Art: Drawing and Painting On Campus
- ART 9032 Anatomy for Artists On Campus
- ART 9046 Children's Book Illustration Online
- ART 9072 Cityscape: Drawing and Painting On Campus
- ART 9074 Classical Drawing On Campus
- PHOT 9070 Digital Photography 1: Fundamentals On Campus
- PHOT 9037 Digital Photography 1: Fundamentals Online
- ART 9043 Foundation Painting On Campus
- ART 9000 Illustration Online
- ART 9083 Mixed Media Arts On Campus
- ART 9037 Watercolour Landscapes On Campus
- ART 9026 Watercolour Techniques On Campus
- Contact Information
- Visual Arts and Design Department
- Office Location(s):
- St. James Campus, 193 King St. E., Building G (SJG), third floor