Our Home Inspection Program is intended for those working toward becoming a home inspector. In addition to exploring the components and systems that a home inspector would include in a home inspection, the courses in this program cover a wide range of important subjects, including professional responsibilities, contracts, reports and inspection limitations.
This program is offered by George Brown College Continuing Education in co-operation with the Ontario Association of Home Inspectors (OAHI) and Carson Dunlop.
Once you have completed all the requirements of this program, you can request to receive a certificate. Program graduates meet the core education requirements of the OAHI’s Registered Home Inspector (RHI) designation. However, each course must be completed with a minimum grade of B- (70%) to be eligible for OAHI acceptance.
Core Courses (Ten)
This is the recommended completion order:
- BLDG 9309 Home Inspection for Heating 1Online
- BLDG 9310 Home Inspection for Heating 2Online
- BLDG 9311 Home Inspection for Air Conditioning and Heat PumpsOnline
- BLDG 9308 Home Inspection for ElectricalOnline
- BLDG 9279 Home Inspection for StructureOnline
- BLDG 9275 Home Inspection for ExteriorsOnline
- BLDG 9276 Home Inspection for InteriorsOnline
- BLDG 9277 Home Inspection for PlumbingOnline
- BLDG 9278 Home Inspection for RoofingOnline
- BLDG 9283 Communication for Home InspectorsOnline
Disclaimer: The RHI designation is awarded by the OAHI. The information provided here does not represent the extent of the requirements for the RHI designation. The requirements are set by the OAHI, not George Brown College, so you must follow the process listed on the OAHI website and meet the requirements applicable to you to achieve the RHI designation. OAHI policies are subject to change without notice, and George Brown College is not responsible for any information errors or inaccuracies that result from a change in OAHI policy.