In-person registration is not currently available while college buildings are closed due to the ongoing situation with COVID-19.
- credit card (American Express/Discover/MasterCard/UnionPay银联/Visa)
- debit card
- money order
To start, read about what to consider before you register. To register in person, follow these steps:
- Download and print our Registration PDF form. (If you prefer, you can pick up a copy of the form at a George Brown College Student Service Centre.) Write in the personal information requested (making sure to use your full legal name). It is important that you provide your home and business telephone numbers and an email address to facilitate our contact with you. Each registration form has room for two course registrations, so make sure you complete as many as you need.
- Once you find the course you want, review the course web page to find the course section with the schedule you want. The course section will show you when and where that section is offered as well as the total course fee. Read any section notes so you are aware of important information about that course section. Note the button that appears for the section:
Button Description Register Now If there is a spot available in the course section, its status will be listed as “Register Now.” CRN is Closed If the registration period for a course has passed, the status of the course section will be listed as “CRN is Closed.” CRN is Full If the course section is full, its status will be listed as “CRN is Full.” Join Wait List If the course section is full but offers a wait list, its status will be listed as “Join Wait List.”
- If the section you want to register in shows the “Register Now” button, write the course code, the course reference number (CRN) and the start and end dates of the schedule on the registration form.
- If you want to register for multiple courses, repeat steps 2 and 3 for as many courses as you want.
- Visit any George Brown College Student Service Centre. (You do not have to register at the campus where your course is offered; you can register in person at any campus.) Submit your registration form to a Student Service Centre representative. If you are paying by cheque or money order (made payable to George Brown College), write your full legal name, daytime phone number and student ID number (if you have one) on the front of the cheque/money order. However, note that the college does not accept post-dated cheques and personal cheques returned by your bank for non-sufficient funds (NSF) or other reasons beyond the control of the college are subject to an administrative fee.
When you register in person, you receive a registration confirmation and a receipt of payment from college staff at the time of registration. Keep your registration confirmation in a safe place. (Duplicate confirmations will not be issued.) Make sure that you are officially registered in your course(s) by confirming with the teacher at the first class that your name is on the class list.
For more information, read about our administrative policy on availability, cancellations and changes and about the financial assistance that may be available to you.